Email is rapidly moving into the cloud. Phishing is rampant. Employees are spinning up new cloud services that send email on your behalf without collaboration (AKA “Shadow Email”) nor compliance.
Protecting over 2.5 billion inboxes, and working with the world’s largest ISPs including Google, Microsoft, Yahoo!, and AOL, ValiMail Pro™ leverages new email authentication standards to provide our clients with:
- Anti-phishing (employees, brand, and consumers)
- Visibility and control of cloud email services
- Shadow Email mitigation
- Improved deliverability
- Automated DMARC, SPF, and DKIM
Email: A Critical and Growing Communication Medium
As a method of communicating with your customers, partners, and employees, email now is a core part of business transactions, making it as important as ever.
- 98% of consumers check email daily
- 82% open marketing email
- 74% prefer email for commercial communications
- Emails increasingly provide customers with receipts, support, and complete transactions
- Global consumer mailboxes grow 6% annually, expected to reach 5.6 billion by 2019
Email Under Attack
Unfortunately, criminals understand email’s importance as well.
- 84% of email volume is spam or phishing
- Email played a role in nearly every major cybersecurity breach of 2014 and 2015
- 100 million phishing messages arrive in mailboxes daily
- Phishing costs brands $70 billion per year
- 60,000 domains are impersonated by phishing each quarter
In particular Business Email Compromise (BEC) is on the rise. The FBI reports that between January 2015 and June 2016:
- BEC increased 1300%
- 22,000 businesses affected
- $3.1 billion in losses
Email Authentication Is Highly Effective – When Implemented Correctly
In the past few years criminals have increasingly favored impersonation attacks for their power to defeat traditional filtering. No malware, attachments, links to exploit sites, or other cues are present to give away the email’s true nature. A simple spoof of the From field to match the impersonated person or brand leaves no visual way to distinguish real from fake messages.
The new, globally adopted DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) standard addresses this problem, allowing domain owners to choose which services are permitted to send email on their behalf. The owner can specify for unauthorized messages to be marked as spam or rejected.
Though highly effective, blocking more than 99% of unauthorized messages, email authentication protocols are extremely technical, time consuming to implement, error prone, and subject to limitations that are often counterintuitive and difficult to circumvent.
Incorrect implementation can fail to block phishing email or, worse, prevent your own legitimate messages from getting through. Implementation problems render roughly 70% of all DMARC instances ineffective.
The ValiMail Solution
ValiMail Pro automatically configures, monitors, and updates DMARC (including the SPF and DKIM protocols it builds on) through a unique cloud offering.
- View all email using your domain names
- Detect and approve new services as they go live
- Maintain error-free SPF records with one-click ease
- Avoid the SPF ten lookup limit without flattening SPF or unnecessary subdomains
- View and manage DKIM keys
Plus, it works even for emails completely outside your network, all in an intuitive point-and-click web interface. ValiMail is the quickest and most cost effective way to implement and maintain email authentication that works.Request Demo