To protect citizens against email impersonation fraud and to stop scammers from impersonating government agencies via email, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security recently directed all federal agencies to implement DMARC within 90 days (by January 15, 2018) and to get to a policy of enforcement within 12 months.
ValiGov™ from ValiMail is the only fully automated email authentication solution for all U.S. federal government domains, enabling them to quickly come into compliance with the DHS mandate.
ValiMail offers the only guaranteed enforcement email authentication product on the market today. ValiGov is available for U.S. government agencies to use for a nominal charge until they achieve enforcement (a DMARC policy that instructs receiving mail servers to delete or quarantine messages that fail authentication).
To get started, agencies simply insert a text record in DNS, which takes a few minutes, and delegate their DMARC record to ValiMail. Agencies gain instant visibility over all email activity on the domain. After a short monitoring period, federal agencies can identify all legitimate vs. suspicous senders on the domain and move towards enforcement of an authentication policy that blocks all email impersonation attacks.
88% of .Gov Domains Still Unprotected From Email Fraud
ValiMail’s analysis shows that, while many federal government domains (.gov) have made progress in deploying DMARC in monitoring mode, 88 percent are still easy to impersonate with fake emails that appear to come from their domains. The next step for government domains: Getting DMARC to enforcement before the October 16, 2018 DHS deadline. Find out more in our detailed Government Report.
How ValiMail Works
Only ValiGov automates email authentication and DMARC enforcement, providing control over who’s allowed to send email from .gov domains and protecting against impersonation attacks.
With ValiGov, you can:
- Comply with DHS mandates, instantly
- Be worry free. ValiMail does all the heavy lifting. Once you have delegated DMARC to us, we take care of everything from identifying services to ensuring enforcement. Unlike other vendors who provide consulting and have you do the work, we provide full automation and we do all the work.
- Get guaranteed compliance and enforcement quickly
- Protect against the costly loss of citizens’ PII and other information requiring breach notification
- Control which third-party services are allowed to send on your behalf
- Maintain compatibility with all common regulatory compliance requirements
- Shield your agency employees and citizens from spear phishing and stop phishing attacks based on domain impersonation
To learn more, request a free trial.Request Free Trial