As we launch into a new year, we want to take time to recognize the incredible progress over the past year here at Valimail. We’ve made huge strides forward as the global leader in zero-trust, identity-based anti-phishing solutions.
Valimail, the world’s only provider of fully automated email authentication, closed its 2023 fiscal year with multiple industry-leading accomplishments, including:
- 50% increase of customer base
- Added 4 additional DMARC-as-a-Service patents
- Recognized by G2 as a Market Leader for DMARC software and a Top 50 Security Software product
- Named one of Built In’s 2023 Best Places to Work on both the Best Remote Companies and Best Mid-Size Companies lists
Impersonation continues to be the largest driver of phishing attacks, with 89% of reported attacks coming from individuals or organizations claiming to be who they are not. Valimail’s DMARC-as-a-Service did more than any other company to help address the problem of missing or incomplete sender identification by securely authenticating billions of emails from the world’s leading brands like Uber, Mercedes Benz, and Fannie Mae.
Acceleration of Market Leadership
2022 saw a rapid acceleration in companies trusting Valimail to solve their email authentication challenges. One thing is for sure – no other company in the space is doing more to authenticate the world’s digital communications. Some of the key growth-related highlights of 2022 include:
- Forged new customer relationships with hundreds of the world’s leading enterprises including global consumer product producers, healthcare companies, automakers, financial products, media companies, and higher education institutions
- Launched a new partnership with Abnormal Security to provide a best of breed, comprehensive email security suite for Microsoft and Google customers
- Expanded overall customer base by 50% to over 27,000 organizations globally trusting Valimail for to solve their email authentication challenges
- Increased global headcount by over 35% to support the increased demand for Valimail’s email authentication solutions
- Hired key strategic leadership positions with security and SaaS veterans including:
- Mary Lawler, VP of Marketing
- Deshawn Dickens, VP of Global Revenue
- Surja Chatterjea, Director of Business Development
- Kevin Dunne, COO
With a new year underway, we can only be sure of one thing – that the need for Valimail’s solutions will continue to grow in 2023, as business email compromise continues to evolve and stress the need for email authentication.
Continued Innovation in Email Authentication
Since the company’s founding in 2015, Valimail has been an innovator in Email Authentication. With 15 patents and counting, Valimail has always been known for pushing the boundaries of what is possible and providing valuable insights and thought leadership to the community. 2022 was no different when it came to delivering innovations in the market to drive better customer outcomes. Some of the key milestones achieved in 2022 include:
- Awarded four new patents in 2022, bringing our total to 15, that cover the advances in DMARC-as-a-Service that have been championed by Valimail
- Delivered the latest version of Enforce, which includes several one-of-a-kind features, including:
- Sending Service Identification to expedite the process of registering sending services and reaching DMARC enforcement
- Smart Alerts to notify customers of unusual activity or changes that correlate to phishing activity
- Extensible APIs to drive integrations from Valimail’s solutions into the rest of the security tool chain including SIEM’s, messaging tools, ticketing systems, and more
- Adoption of BIMI by Apple Mail, bringing the total percentage of mailboxes ready for BIMI up to approximately 60%. Valimail has been a driving force behind BIMI, and Valimail’s own Seth Blank chairs the BIMI working group
- Presented, and holds leadership positions, on key email authentication trends at leading industry events including MAAWG, IETF, as well as direct engagement with Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Apple, and other international mailboxes
As we turn our focus to 2023, we remain committed to innovation and pushing the boundaries of what is possible when it comes to securing the world’s digital communications.
Global Industry Recognition Across Departments
Last but not least, we wanted to share the important industry recognition we have received across multiple facets of the business. These awards hold a special meaning for us as they are not self-proclaimed achievements, but independently awarded honors from industry experts, community organizations, and actual customers using Valimail solutions.
Furthermore, these accolades reach across not just our product and engineering team, but our customer facing teams, people organization, and more:
- In January, Valimail was honored to be named one of Built In’s 2023 Best Places to Work on both the Best Remote Companies and Best Mid-Size Companies lists.
- Valimail is consistently recognized as a “People First” employer, and our net promoter score (eNPS) gained 64 points during this period which put us at +56, on par with tech giants like Google, Salesforce, and Microsoft.
- Recognition by G2 as the leading DMARC solution for Fall and Winter of 2022, with further recognition as one of G2’s Top 50 Security Products
- Gold at 2022 Cyber Security Global Excellence Awards
- Winner of 2022 Global InfoSec Award
- 98%+ customer satisfaction, as reported by Valimail users
We are already aware of several more exciting accolades and awards to come just in the first quarter of 2023. While we work to make customers successful, these achievements are another boost to let us know that our work in the email authentication space is valuable and recognized around the world.
Thoughts on the Future
“We’re proud of the accomplishments last year,” said Valimail CEO and co-founder Alexander García-Tobar. “Now we’re focused on our new fiscal year, and are excited about our expanded reach, partners, strong financials, and new set of products we’re releasing. We’ll continue to live up to our reputation as the pioneer, leader, and most trusted vendor in our space. A sincere note of gratitude and enthusiastic march onwards!”
To schedule a demo of Valimail’s industry-leading automated DMARC service, please contact Sales today.